Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: July 21, 2020

























My time: 5:07, pretty close to the Tuesday record!

Theme: variants of "2020," "20/20," "20:20," etc.  For example, "20-20" is a TIE SCORE, "20/20" is a NEWSMAGAZINE, "2020" is a LEAP YEAR, etc.  Maybe this puzzle should have run back in early January?

For "frugal sort" I put *MISER but it's the pretty clunky SAVER.  That cost me!

Here's a new one for me: "popular hair coloring technique" is OMBRE.  Written with an accent aigu on the e (ombré), it means a blended shade, like blonde to brown.  This town ain't big enough for the two of us, ombré.

ERIN Andrews, "Dancing With the Stars" co-host and possible contestant, came up in 2018.  Also she's the "sexiest sportscaster."  Also she is sadly known for something about a nude photo scandal.  WHAT A SHAME!

This was a fun Tuesday puzzle.  Now I'm ALL FIRED UP with no place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment