Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzle solved: December 29, 2020















My time: 4:00, a new record, beating my previous best by eleven big seconds.

Theme: "Happily ever after," or a FAIRY TALE ENDING, as the four themes answers have.

I needed a couple of crosses to be reminded that GLADYS KNIGHT (and the Pips) sang "Midnight Train to Georgia." 

Totally new is NYALA, a spiral-horned African antelope.

I remembered that Galileo was PISAN by birth from August 27.

The OTOE tribe has come up many, many times in the puzzle.  Today it's clued as the source of the eponymous Nebraska county.

Clever clue: "Ones usually found at home" is UMPS.

This was a terrific Tuesday puzzle!  I thought the clues were well written, and the fill had a few interesting phrases, like LONGEVITY and EGO TRIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment