Monday, September 30, 2019
Sunday, September 29, 2019
Thursday, September 26, 2019
- IDA Lupino was used yesterday.
- Titan II was an ICBM discontinued in 1987.
- I know KAL Penn by face and resumé (He's Kumar!), but didn't know his name.
- EL AL does indeed have planes with a blue stripe.
- "Cos. with many connections" is ISPS, which is droll, but I had a hard time reading "cos." as "companies."
- Singer SARA Evans is someone I don't know.
- You manufacture plows? SNO-Way!
- Red ADAIR was an innovator in fighting oil well fires.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- The shaded answers all end in an invisible pipe.
- The three big answers WATER TOWER, OIL PLATFORM, and GAS STATION almost have a theme going between them, but not quite.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Who ever heard of a LAP CAT? I put *KITTEN at first.
- I never heard of the events of ARGO as "The Canadian Caper." It's because the rescuers used fake Canadian passports.
- PHEASANTS: "they're game."
My time: 6:43 . -- Benjamin Kramer serves us up an ace of a puzzle with this VOLLEYBALL-loving grid. The themed answers LIP SERVICE, th...
My time: 11:43 . -- Today we are treated to a themeless by Sam Ezersky. It's nothing jaw-dropping, but it's a solid Saturday. ...
My time: 17:47 , just one minute too slow for the record! -- Ross Trudeau collected a series of cryptids from divers geographical areas ...