Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: September 21, 2020

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My time: 4:44, about a minute faster than average.  I wrote *AGOG for KEEN and, unthinkingly, put in *BABY rather than MAMA for bear whose bed was too soft.

Theme: two-word phrases that end in -ight -ight.  A simple theme for Monday, and although I like to have a bit of a twist or a capper at the end, this theme does give the solver a lot of help in the fill, once you see the pattern.

I can't say I've watched a lot of "Desperate Housewives," so I needed fill to give me the character BREE Mason Weston Van de Kamp Hodge, neurotic perfectionist, played by flame-haired hottie Marcia Cross.

Also never heard of rightfielder Tony OLIVA, who played for 15 seasons with the Minnesota Twins.  His birth name is Antonio Oliva Lopez Hernandes Javique, so he's really a rival for old Bree up there.

I remembered the Liberty Mutual EMU from July 26!

Well, this was an EVER SO fun puzzle.  And DAT ain't no lie!  Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment