Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: September 22, 2020

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My time: 5:46, quite good for me!

Of course, once the theme became apparent, the multiple answers came quickly, what with me being a big comic book nerd and all.  The only thing I hesitated on about BLACK PANTHER was the HEART-SHAPED HERB that gives him his SUPERHUMAN POWER.

What a wonderful tribute to the late, great CHADWICK BOSEMAN, a true inspiration.  May we all face death with such dignity.  AMEN TO THAT.

There's one last semi-relevant theme answer, TEAM, clued as "The Avengers, e.g."  Cute.

For "same here," I put *ME TOO, thinking it was somewhat tone-deaf to put that phrase outside of its sexual harassment awareness context.  It turns out I was right, because it's the crossword-friendly AS DO I, which no one says.

For "taboos" I put *NO-NOS but it was DON'TS.

Never heard of women's soccer star Carli LLOYD.  She is a two-time Olympic gold medalist, two-time FIFA Women's World Cup champion, and two-time FIFA Player of the Year.  But then, I don't pay attention to any sports.

I think I have mentioned how lousy I am with geography.  Apparently Calgary is in ALB.  It is Alberta's largest city, and Canada's wealthiest.

Clever clue: "X amount" is TEN.

Wakanda forever!  Well, I'M OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment