Monday, November 27, 2017

Monday, November 27, 2017

Today's time: 6:08.

--

I'm a bit miffed at myself because I whiffed on a couple of items that have already been logged in this blog, which is of course its whole purpose.

...But I'll get to that in a bit.  First, what an amusing, clever theme to start off the week, courtesy of Kevin Christian!  While I was solving, I was thinking, yes, here are some movies, that's nice.  But the capper --- I do love a capper --- which I didn't see coming was that all of these films have a character with "much-derided hairstyle" the MULLET.  Haw!

The baseball term SAC fly, aka sacrifice fly, appeared as part of a clue way back on October 31.  I put *POP FLY at first, argh.

The photo term SLR has appeared at least three times now, and yet I couldn't put it in without crossfill.

And then there's UTA Hagen, for whom I initially had *UTE, as I did on November 9.  Sigh.

"Item for a T-bar user" is a SKI.  Here is a T-bar.  Not to be confused with the outmoded and inefficient J-bar.

Father-and-son actors that I can't name upon demand: John ASTIN, Gomez Addams on the TV series, and Sean ASTIN, lovable goofus Sam Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings.

"Tiny amount of time" turns out to be NSEC.  This is, as you might guess, the abbreviation for nanosecond.

SCORPION comes between scales and archer.  Apparently I have to memorize the astrological symbols in order now too?

Actor Ron ELY played Tarzan in the 1960s, and also portrayed Doc Savage.

It's PACA again!  I put it in for "Amazon rodent" immediately, thanks to its inclusion way, waaayyyy back two days ago.

On October 24, I was surprised to see LOESS in a Tuesday puzzle, and here it is on a Monday!

There was a lot of new stuff for a Monday.  Even so, ANNO I ought to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment