Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: January 11, 2021















My time: 3:49, nineteen seconds short of my best.

Theme: DELI sandwiches.  The names of types of sandwiches start the themed clues, as in SUBREDDIT, CLUBHOPPING, CUBAN CIGARS, and WRAP PARTY.

ELISA Donovan is an actress who played Amber in Clueless and Morgan, Sabrina's best friend, in "Sabrina the Teenage Witch."

For "it can used for welcoming or wrestling" I put *ARM!  It's MAT, ha ha!

"Vitamin also known as PABA" is B-TEN or B10 as it's usually written.  PABA stands for Para-aminobenzoic acid.

Supermarket chain IGA appeared on November 27, 2020

Clever clue: "Without exception, as in dry counties?" is BAR NONE.

And so a nice easy Monday comes to an end.  I wish they hadn't already used wrap so I could say, "that's a wrap!"  I can't think of any other dumb sandwich puns.  If I'm not careful, they're going to bahn mi from the pun club.

No comments:

Post a Comment