Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: November 24, 2020


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My time: 6:09, one and a half minutes faster than average. 

I actually finished all but one square about a minute earlier, because I put *MAR for TAR ("sully, as reputation"), and couldn't find the error for a bit.

Theme: ocean creature puns.  WHALE, I'LL BE DARNED!  They're rather silly.

I didn't know that SLOE is a fruit tree.  Prunus spinosa, called blackthorn or SLOE, is a species of flowering plant native to Europe, western Asia, and locally in northwest Africa.  The fruits have been used to make sloe gin in Britain, and the wood used for making walking sticks or the shillelagh by the Irish.  

Apparently Chelsea in NY, NY has the zip code 10001.  No wonder they're so full of themselves over there.

AHAB, son of Omri, was the husband of Jezebel, as shown on December 12, 2017.

Not much new to me this time around.  YAHOO?

No comments:

Post a Comment