Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: August 10, 2010




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My time: 3:39, just nine seconds slower than my record!

Theme: At first, I totally missed that there was one.  I didn't even notice the capper answer, KEYS.  The highlighted Across answers are things that, in a different definition than their current clues, have KEYS.

I've never heard the term FLORIDA ROOM ("bright, sunny area of a house").  A retro, but useful, idea.

Also, I couldn't have come up with ATLAS ROCKET.  It's come up before as an ICBM but here clued as "launch vehicle for many NASA missions."

CCNY is, of course, the celebrated classic rock quartet of harmony vocals best known for hits such as "Ohio."  Whoops, that's something else.  This is the City College of New York, within the City University of New York (CUNY).

That's it!  This was a quick one!  RAH RAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment