Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: July 7, 2020

























My time: 6:07, about two minutes faster than average.

The theme is WRAPPING PAPER.  It's Christmas in July, for some reason. The circled letters on the right and left sides going across spell out types of paper: LIT/MUS, TOI/LET, CAR/BON, and TIS/SUE.

The term STOCK SPLIT is new to me.  A stock split is a decision by a company's board of directors to increase the number of shares that are outstanding by issuing more shares to current shareholders.  For example, in a 2-for-1 stock split, an additional share is given for each share held by a shareholder.

Our old friend UIE is back!

I've never heard of MARIST College, a liberal arts institution in Poughkeepsie.

That's all I have today.  Everything was more or less straightforward.  Only those two items above were GNUS to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment