Thursday, July 30, 2020

Thursday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: July 30, 2020

























My time: 6:48, blowing my old record of 8:00 out of the water! Woot!

Theme: TWO / TO ONE.  Every two Across answers has just one clue, because they're two-part phrases.  WIFE / TO BE, SCRAP / IRON, OPEN / HOUSE, MEAT /PIES, and so on, all the way to NEST / EGGS.

I'm not too familiar with the term FALL / LINE; it's used in geography and topology.  In skiing, it's the route leading straight down any particular part of a slope.

Department that's new to me department: AIN, a French region in the east, located on the Ain River.  It's just south of the Jura department, of the Jura mountains and Jurassic fame.

Clever clues: "Raised one's paddle, say" is MADE / A BID.  I just kept thinking about rowing!  "Connection you might miss while flying?" is WIFI.

Woot!  I blew through this one like a BOSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment