Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: September 4, 2018

My time: 4:40, twenty seconds slower than my record!

--

Bruce Haight celebrates THE EIGHTIES ("when Pac-Man and Rubik's Cube were popular"), or more phonetically, the A.T.'s.  Which means the themed answers start with A and T.  These four themed answers are ALL TOGETHER ("in unison"), ATOMIC THEORY, AIRPORT TERMINAL, and ANCHOR TENANT ("big department store in a mall, e.g.").

TAG UP, as in to retouch a base after a fly-out, came up on December 28, 2017.

USA is the network for "Mr. Robot" and "Suits," as shown on August 7, 2018.

Clever clues: "One involved with a grand opening?" is PIANO TUNER.  "Pair of skivvies?" is VEES.

I SAY, this was an easy one.  AND HOW --- there was nothing new to me.  Well, I'M OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment