Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday's New York Times puzzle solved: February 26, 2018

My time: 4:21.

--

I did not get to Sunday's puzzle.

In today's puzzle, Andrea Carla Michaels and Mark Diehl teamed up to hide the old SAW "still waters run deep" in the first word of four unrelated phrases: STILL KICKING, WATERS DOWN, RUN ERRANDS, and DEEP THOUGHTS.  That's deep.

Not in my wheelhouse department: ORLON, a trademark for a "drip-dry fabric" synthesized by DuPont.  It is no longer in production.

To my great surprise, there really was nothing else that gave me any trouble.

There were also no clever clues.  This was one of those dictionary definition puzzles.  (The clue for PLUS, for example, was "+".)   It did have some less than common fill, though: I liked LEG UP, OR WORSE, GREW UP ON, and AIR KISS.

Well, that's the end of this rather bland post.

No comments:

Post a Comment