Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday, September 8, 2017

My time: 22:18.

--

Poison SUMAC is a plant, like poison ivy, that causes rashes and respiratory difficulty.  It is also called thunderwood, which is obviously my new metal band's name.

"Tools for escaping the heat?" made me think of radar detectors, but it was a little more lietral than that: FIRE AXES.

The Volga is the longest river in Europe, and is the unofficial national river of Russia.  A TATAR is a Turkic-speaking Asiatic closely allied with the Mongols.  There is a large population of Tatars, called, unimaginatively enough, the Volga Tatars, living in the Volga-Ural region.

"Wheelchair-bound 'Glee' character" is ARTIE Abrams, portrayed by non-wheelchair-bound actor Kevin McHale.  In another TV show I don't watch, a detective on "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" is ROSA Diaz.

I wanted "Something that's assumed" to be *IDENTITY but it was FAKE NAME.

I read way more Buzzfeed than I really should.  I am ashamed to say that one of the very first answers I got was "Things like Which Disney Princess Are You?" which is BUZZFEED QUIZZES.

I am aware of MIKE PIAZZA due to the Belle & Sebastian song.

"Not a candidate for the invoking of the 25th Amendment, say."  I had the very reasonable *SPRY.  But it is actually the very Trump-influenced SANE.

Clever clues: "Like apples and Afros" is PICKED.  "Rams fan?" is a EWE."  Be a buzzkill?" is ZAP.

Ugly clues: "_____ thousand times..." is NO A.  Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment