Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Today's time: 11:14.

--

This crossword in an eight-step word ladder, from BLUNT to SHARP!  Now that's clever.

Grandpa Walton's name was ZEB?  As in Zebulon Tyler WaltonWe are from Zebulon.  We come in peace.  Take us to your leader.

I am the single most cluless-about-sports American male, an ongoing series: I've never heard of "NFL QB" DEREK Carr.  He has played with the Oakland Raiders for three years and I doubt I will remember that tomorrow.

Also: OLE MISS, I know.  The Rebels?  SEC??  Your words are puzzles to me.

Clue I was baffled by: "Cabbage or kale" is DO RE MI.  What?  I had to be told that these are all slang terms for money.  And here's me, having listened to Woody Guthrie's "Do Re Mi" all these decades.

Mayella EWELL is a To Kill a Mockingbird character I could not have named in a hundred years.

LISLE is a strong cotton thread named after Lisle, France.


No comments:

Post a Comment