Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My time: 9:08.

--

I liked the "collector" pun theme (for example, "stamp collector" = PASSPORT).  One of the clues doesn't quite ft with the others --- stamp collecting, record collecting, and shell collecting are hobbies, but a "bill collector" is something else entirely.

In general, I thought the clues were unusually vague for a Tuesday; not frustrating or anything, just teasingly vague clues which I think usually belong on a Wednesday or later.

I really liked the original answers STANDING O, BITTER END, and TOOTLE.  "Puff pieces" for PIPES is clever.

For "Japanese floor mat," I had the general idea in my head --- takami?  kotami? --- but it is TATAMI, which sounds like it is a lacy friend (tat + ami).

No comments:

Post a Comment