Friday, October 9, 2020

Friday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: October 9, 2020

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My time: 11:55, four minutes faster than my record.  I had to EXERT a little effort on this one, but not too much.

Did you know a TSP is 1/768 of a gal.?  That surprises me.  I would have thought there would be a lot more teaspoons in a gallon.

I know nothing about fashion.  ARMATA di Mare is an Italian men's fashion line founded in 1959.

U.S. TEN, properly U.S. [Route] TEN, runs from West Fargo, North Dakota, to Bay City, Michigan, passing through Saint Paul.

I did not know that the "gymnastic rings feat with arms fully extended" is called the IRON CROSS.

Apparently Colin Kaepernick went to the University of NEVADA.  Who cares?  Black Lives Matter!

Time for me to complain: ">:-[" is not a good clue for I'M SO MAD.

I wanted to put *GROOVES for "parts of a record" but it's the other kind of record, ARRESTS.

"Prez with the same initials as an NYC landmark" is G.W. BUSH.  The GWB stands for George Washington Bridge.

Never heard of AGNES Scott College. One of the Seven Sisters of the South, it's located in Decatur, Georgia.

I put OTOES immediately for "tribe that traditionally spoke Chiwere," because the same clue ran five days ago.

Japanese electronics giant NEC appeared on January 25, 2019.

Clever clues: "Student who might take a crash course?" is ECON MAJOR.  "Bad marks for a high schooler" is ACNE.  "Homes all over the planet?" is SPACE STATIONS.  "Pick-up line?" is HELLO.

This was a decent Friday, nothing too clever.  Just a regular typical pretty hard Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment