Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: September 15, 2020


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My time: 4:11, a new record by four seconds!

Theme: KEEP YOUR PANTS ON ("be patient"), advice not followed by the four animal characters found in the Across clues.  'Cause they wear clothes on their torso, but don't wear pants!  Pervs.

I was not familiar off the top of my head with the law care company SCOTTS.

I know ALLISON Janney from her role in "The West Wing" (et ALIA), but I didn't know she won an Oscar for I, Tonya.  She played Tonya's mother LaVona.

"Brand of shoes or handbags" is ALDO, a Canadian company founded in 1972 by namesake Aldo Bensadoun.

The tiresomely-written clue "Ocean, e.g. in Santa Monica, Calif: abbr." refers to Ocean AVE, a street that runs parallel to Palisades Park.

ASTERS, often white or lavender fall blooms that are known for attracting butterflies, have appeared in the puzzle a few times before.

Clever clue: "Pill... or reason to take a pill" is PAIN.

A fun puzzle.  The theme made me smile.  And because I wasted my life watching cartoons, I got my best Tuesday time ever!  It's win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment