Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tuesday's New York Times crossword puzzle solved: July 17, 2018

My time: 4:21, beating the old record by twenty seconds!

--

Amanda Chung and Karl "We Are the Knights Who Say" Ni looked up in the sky and were inspired to bring us these FLYING / COLORS.  The themed answers not only start with colors, but all fly: RED BARON, GOLDEN SNITCH, GREEN LANTERN, and BLUEBIRD.

I knew the sports names today! Jeremy LIN and ALTHEA Gibson are famous enough even for me.

Even if you haven't heard of the WEBBYS, you might guess that "annual internet awards" are called that.

One thing that I didn't know at first: American Eagle clothing line AERIE.  It seems to be mostly bras and undies.

"Accident investigation org." NTSB appeared on June 21.

I'm getting used to the dreadful et ALII, and T-TOP has appeared enough that it's no longer new to me.

Clever clue: "Diamond judge" is UMPIRE.

Well, today's puzzle was super easy for me.  If you're old, like me, you remember PDAs, the pre-smartphone gadgets.  If you're a nerd, like me, you know ENID Blyton.  This puzzle was a MERE bagatelle.  I did better than NOT BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment