Monday, November 6, 2017

Monday, November 6, 2017

Today's time: 5:08, just over the wire!

--

Max Lauring and Benjamin Lauring bring us an easy Monday with a theme featuring clued phrases which are PART ANIMAL, such as RAT TAIL, SNAKE EYES, BEE'S KNEES, PIGGY BACK, and so on.  A pretty basic theme, but the phrases are fresh and not the same old crossword fill, which is refreshing.  I would have gotten a faster time but for a few typos that I had to search for to fix, which is a necessary feature of the online app.  It has its pros and cons, as I've discussed before.

I don't think of a COTTAGE as a "summer vacation lodging."

I very recently learned the word PLAT, as in an official map of owned property, though I've been a homeowner for several years now.

Another thing that slowed me down was putting *ANNOYED for "made irate" when it's ANGERED.

STP comes up a lot in crosswords as "fuel additive brand."  Did you know its name is an acronym of Scientifically Treated Petroleum?  I didn't.

NATURE is "full of genius, full of the divinity?"  Is it?

Well, that's it for me.  Off EGGO.

No comments:

Post a Comment