Monday, September 11, 2017

Monday, September 11, 2017

My time: 7:33.

--

You can't be in LA-LA LAND while doing this puzzle, or you find time slipping away.  The theme (a bunch of shaded LAs) doesn't really help with the solving speed, so it's cute but not really clever.

Some nice fill, including MALAY PENINSULA and TORTILLA FLAT, in the crossword.

How quickly I forget department: Dominique DAWES was the "1996 Olympic gymnastics gold medalist I couldn't recall.

You know what auks are, but can you picture them?  They are puffins.

Lots of TV I don't know these days.  Issa RAE is an actress and Covergirl.

I am the single most clueless-about-sports American male, an ongoing series: NCAA team the Fighting ILLINI??  Are you kidding me?  Their symbol is a big capital I.  And they say Illinoisans are unimaginative.

I like "sporting a natural" for AFROED.

No comments:

Post a Comment